Leading Without Fear
The Fine Line Between Fear and Accountability
by Laurie K. Cure, PHD 276 pages – $15.99 (paperback) or $13.99 (ebook download)
- How to decrease fear and still create accountability.
- How to help employees and leaders understand the language of fear.
- Why organizations are tempted to (and often do) use fear.
- What causes people to be afraid in the workplace.
- How to understand the context of emotions in our work lives.
- How to lead successfully without using fear.
- How to promote team building and positive work environments.
In Leading without Fear: The Fine Line Between Fear and Accountability, you will understand that you can lead with confidence; you can achieve accountability and you do these things without using tactics of fear. Dr. Laurie Cure holds a master’s degree in business administration and a Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology. She is the president and CEO of a growing consulting company; Innovative Connections, Inc. Laurie has over twenty years’ experience in helping small businesses and larger organizations on their journeys toward excellence. She also teaches at the university level and delivers seminars and lectures on organizational psychology and personal development. She lives in Colorado with her husband of nineteen years and their eighteen-year-old son and sixteen-year-old daughter.
Emotions in the Workplace: Fear and Organizational Behavior
An introduction to the results from a phenomenological study of the emotion of fear in the workplace.