Becoming better leaders (and people for that matter) requires a skills in self awareness. Without the capacity to be aware, reflect and learn, we remain stuck- engaging in behavior that do not serve us or those we lead. The concept of learning agility merely speaks to our willingness and ability to learn from experiences and then apply those lessons to new events.
Learning-agile individuals practice disciplined personal development in five ways:
1. Innovating: They are not afraid to challenge the status quo
2. Performing: They remain calm in the face of difficulty
3. Reflecting: They take time to reflect on their experiences
4. Risking: They purposefully put themselves in challenging situations
5. Defending: They are simply open to learning and resist the temptation to become defensive in the face of adversity
In reviewing this list, where do you have strength in terms of tour learning agility? where might you have gaps?
What Others are saying about Innovative Connections
As a busy physician leader, the efficiency of the process was worth my time and advanced my leadership in measureable ways.Cardiologist